Sunday, March 12, 2006

Elegance and Simplicity

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery) more...

And even the statement is an example of the premise.

Too many times I want to keep adding more and more to a project when less is what is called for. A classic example is when I try to host a dinner party for friends. I mean - Hey! - Their my friends - there is no particular need to impress. What could be as simple as a big pot of chili gets turned into a 5 course meal that takes hours to prepare and costs a small fortune!

I need to remember this one myself - but then again - this is one of the reasons I started writing this little blog - so I could remember these things myself.

Sorry it's been so long since I wrote last - I'll try to start doing at least one a week!



No comments: